"Wendy has completely changed my experience with all aspects of writing. She pulled creativity out of me I had no idea existed.”
— Dan Schwartz,
University of Michigan
Wordcraft Writers & Thinkers is a creative studio in Pleasantville, NY and Online where writers of all ages arrive to explore, create, grow, and crush specific goals.
Our mission is to foster the spirit and skills needed to be life-long writers and creatives, confident in tackling (and enjoying) any written task or project. Drawing on our experiences in the worlds of education, and the creative, performing and literary arts, we have a process-based approach that is personal, creative, empathetic, direct, and good-humored.
Whether you are:
Wordcraft has a place for you.
Wordcrafters arrive from New York's Metropolitan area, including New York City and Westchester County, as well as from states across the country, including California, Connecticut, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New Mexico.
Make time to move forward with your words and join us.
• an adult hungry to write that book, seek coaching or developmental editing on a writing project, or eager to improve writing skills,
• a teen struggling with specific skills or the writing process,
• a teen searching for opportunities to explore your interest in writing,
• a prospective college or grad student ready to tackle your essays and receive expert guidance navigating the application process,
• a school or company official hoping to improve written communication skills or the writing curriculum,
• a creative looking for fellow, supportive creatives,
| What's Up
We have resumed in-person meetings! Masks are required upon entering the building. Masks are NOT required when we meet outside. Please let us know if you have been vaccinated (we are!). As always, virtual meetings are an option.
College Essay Coaching programs are registering. Our private coaching list is almost full, but there is space in several of our small-group workshops. Regardless of where you live, contact us for your complimentary parent or student consultation and get ready to show those schools who you are.
Summer Writing Workshops are registering now. Visit WORKSHOPS for details.
Adult Coaching and Editing is FULL. But please contact us now to discuss your project, needs, and goals. We hope to take on new clients this fall.
No matter your writing endeavor or goals, remember: You've Got This.
Wendy Fried, owner
"I learned to write by writing."